Monday, February 7, 2011

Remember When

This was a long time ago, but has been on my mind quite a bit the last few weeks. I can't help but smile every time I think of it.

Once upon a time, there was a husband and wife who were serving in primary at their church. They were teachers of one of the youngest classes, called the Sunbeams. They had to both teach because there were so many kids! Each Sunday anywhere from 6-10 kids, ages 3-4 (I think), would show up for class. Half of the time was spent with older children in Sharing Time, they would sing and learn many lessons about being Christ-like.

One Sunday, a different teacher was giving a lesson during Sharing Time while the husband and wife were keeping an eye on the Sunbeams to make sure they paid attention, kept their fingers out of their noses, and hands to themselves. During the lesson the teacher began to cry because she was feeling the spirit of the Lord. She wanted to make sure the kids knew why she was crying so she asked them, "Do you know why I'm crying?"
There was a little bit of a pause and the wife heard one of her Sunbeams begin to answer the question, "Uhh," he said quietly in his high voice. But, she quickly shushed him as she put her hand on his hands to make sure he knew she was shushing him. She knew what was going to come out of his mouth after the "Uhh". Many times she was teaching and would ask this child a question and in efforts to get a good laugh out of his little peers, and because he wasn't exactly sure of the answer, he would reply with the same answer without fail, "Uhhh, poop in da bed?". And, it always started with "Uhh" in his high, little boy voice.

As the wife shushed him he looked up at her and gave a naughty little smirk. He stopped right at "Uhh", awkward moment was averted. No, she wasn't crying because there was poop in the bed, or because she pooped the bed and she wouldn't come to church and share the experience with you if she did. Oh, gosh that kid...

We now often answer each others questions with an occasional, high pitched, "Uhhh, poop in da bed?"

Now that that is out of the way.... We blessed Harper yesterday :)

I couldn't help but feel so grateful for my husband and little boy. I am so lucky to have such a strong, healthy growing baby. If Harper only knew how much we love him and how happy we are to have him, I'm sure he will figure it out someday :). We had a fun time with our family and friends that were able to come. Here are a couple pictures from the day, thanks to my Dad (I didn't take any pictures, stupid me.)

Harper, STARVING, with my Grandpa Eves.


I was hiding a cookie behind my back... haha

1 comment:

Chelsey said...

I love his little outfit. I didn't get to see it yesterday. Where did you get it because I need to get one for olivia

Baby Boy

Baby Boy