I once heard that the woman who started Mother's Day was upset to see how big the holiday became, but mom's are such an important part of our lives I think they deserve a day of "thank yous". I know my mom deserves it. She survived not only my sassy teen age years, but also 4 other boys. I think the 4 boys prepared her for what was to come... a stubborn little girl. I love my mom for the following reasons:
- She is always pushing me to succeed. She pushed me to get my young woman recognition award, she always said "I didn't graduate from college but you are going to", she wanted me to learn all the hymns in the hymn book before I quit playing the piano, but I resisted... I can play most of the popular ones haha, but my favorite is when I had to get in shape for soccer but was too tired to run, she would push me off the couch and get me out there.
- She is the best cook I know- and she always has something to share, whether it's food or knowledge.
- She taught me to be kind to everyone
- She works hard to keep us happy, even if it means she has to give something up. (I don't remember the last time she bought clothes for herself, my dad has to keep her updated because she is so selfless).
- She is such a talented quilter-- she has worked on a quilt for me my entire life if you can believe it.... it was supposed to be given to me at my wedding but it requires so much hand stitching it still isn't done! (but its close)
- She is creative
- She would wake me up at the butt crack of dawn to say family prayers before everyone left the house.
- She packed me a lunch all the way through my senior year of high school
- She came to practically all the soccer games that she could
- She allows her home to be a grocery store.
I love MY mom!
and, Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there!